It is a commonly known fact that after men reach a certain age between 40 and 50, the amount of testosterone in their body starts to recede and gets lowered and this continues as the age increases. This gives to rise to several problems in men both physical and psychological. The causes for the lowering of testosterone levelscan be quite technical, and a lot of medical jargons get used. But in this article, you will learn in a simpler manner why this reduction of testosterone levels takes place.
- The main cause of the reduction in testosterone levels is because the tests are producing a lesser amount of testosterone than what they did previously. This low amount of testosterone is resultant of complex hormonal, chemical and also physiological changes in the male body.
The low testosterone will start with some specific signals sent from the brain. This chain is referred to as the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis – the place where a range of intricate and physiological chain of events starts. Production of two specific hormones in the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus result in lowering of the Leydig cells which result in less testosterone being manufactured.
- Sometimes, the reasons for having a low amount of testosterone can also come from certain damages in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland or even in the testicles which result in lowering the production of hormones. This can happen due to an accident in an individual’s life as well.
- Asides from these, also one of the major causes for the lowering of the testosterone levels in men is because of the lifestyle that they follow. The lack of adequate exercising, bad and unhealthy diet, excess drinking, smoking and so on can lead to lowering of testosterone levels. All of these can get changed by only modifying some personal habits. All of these factors are harmful to the body and testosterone production.
- Some of the other reasons why men can have low testosterone in their body are because of poor or bad blood circulation, using non-prescription medicines, drug abuse and so on. There are times when psychological problems can also create a reduction in testosterone. Some doctors believe that having blood pressure can result in low testosterone production also.
- Weight gain will lower testosterone production by a large margin. Weight gaining and testosterone production are inversely proportional to each other.
In spite of the fact that there are so many causes for the reduction in the amount of testosterone, but a lot of these factors are under one’s control. Besides, there are also a number of medical remedies that exist which can help in boosting testosterone production in men.
You can also take testosterone supplements. You can find the best testosterone supplement by looking up on the internet also.
Testosterone levels will fall in a man’s boy once he reaches middle age. The reasons are biological, but they can be controlled and countered. Hopefully, the information mentioned in this article will have helped you.