Infertility affects both men and women. This happens when one partner cannot contribute towards conception. In some cases, it may be the man. In other cases, it might be the woman. This is a common problem among couples. In the United States, about 10 to 15 percent of couples are infertile. If you and your partner are experiencing this problem, visit Noble Fertility Center, one of the best New York, NY fertility specialist clinics. The doctors at the clinic will take you through the various effective therapies to improve your chances of getting pregnant.
Causes of Infertility in Men
Various factors cause infertility in men. You can develop this problem either at birth or later in life. Highlighted below are some of the causes of infertility in men.
- Cancer treatment damage – Treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation can impair the production of sperm. In some cases, the treatment can have a severe effect.
- Problems of sperm delivery – you can develop infertility due to certain sexual issues such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, and genetic diseases. This can cause damage to the reproductive organs.
- Abnormal sperm production – this condition can be caused by genetic defects, health problems, or undescended testicles. Health problems are such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or HIV.
- Overexposure to certain environmental factors – if you are over-exposed to environmental factors such as excessive heat, pesticides, radiation, and other chemicals. All these factors may affect your sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalance – this can also lead to testosterone deficiency affecting the production of sperm.
All these are some of the causes of infertility in men. If you detect a problem with your fertility, it is wise to consult a specialist doctor.
What Causes Infertility in Women?
There are several causes of infertility in women. You might be experiencing this condition which is disturbing because of pressure from societal influencers. Below are some of the causes of infertility in women.
- Ovulation disorders – this disorder affects the eggs from the ovaries causing the thyroid hormone to affect the menstrual cycle and influencing infertility.
- Endometriosis – the endometrial tissue may affect the function of the fallopian tube, ovaries, and uterus. Any damage to any of these organs may cause infertility.
- Fallopian tube damage – this condition is caused by inflammation on the tube affecting the reproductive system.
- Uterine abnormalities – this condition involves abnormalities such as polyps and tumors, which usually block fertilized eggs.
- Cancer treatments – treatment associated with cancer can impair the reproductive system causing infertility.
All the causes mentioned above are some of the causes of infertility in women. Some of these conditions are treatable and only require you to visit an infertility specialist.
Contact an Infertility Specialist Today
Infertility is a problem faced by some people. Both genders are slowly finding it easier with effective treatment to get pregnant. Infertility specialists have adopted new technologies to increase the success chances of fertility for infertile couples. If you have the problem and go see a certified infertility specialist today, you stand a better chance of getting pregnant than before. However, finding a specialist can be a daunting task. Worry not, as Noble Fertility Center has got you covered. If you have a fertility disorder, contact them to book your appointment and discuss your treatment options.