If you are a native to Miami or just visiting, it doesn’t take long to realize the abnormal amount of healthy people, eating options, lifestyles, past times, etc. that naturally exist within the Miami culture. This is more than likely attributable to the excellent year round weather. With that in mind, don’t get left behind the healthy trend of South Florida. Just in case you have been bogged down with work or detest getting off of the couch here are a few easy tips and tricks to maintain or regain a healthy lifestyle while living in the sunshine state.
Eating and Drinking Healthy Doesn’t Have to be a Drag
We have all heard the old adage, “ you are what you eat”. That has never been more true than now. There are so many food and drink options at the grocery store, gas stations, restaurants, etc. To help you better control the urge to choose unhealthy options to feed your body, there are a few simple steps that you can take.
- Kombucha: On your road to the healthier you, you may get tired of drinking plain water and begin to despise the taste of artificial sweeteners. If this happens, kombucha drinks may be an excellent alternative. They are both tasty and healthy.
- Snack Wraps: Though fast food is the original sin of healthy eating, most chains do have a sneaky healthy option. The grilled chicken snack wrap. These are among the healthiest options on most all fast food menus. To include Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and Burger King. Low calories and filling.
- Tonic Water: While out drinking and partying at one of Miami’s many nightclubs or day parties , tonic water can be of great service to you. It is a low to no calorie mixer that you can just about mix with any drink (as long as there is a splash of lemon or lime). This will save you calories as well as aid you in staying properly hydrated.
Enjoy the Great Weather of Miami
Miami boasts year round summer and spring like weather. It would be a travesty to live here or visit without enjoying yourself in the great outdoors of South Florida. While you bask in the sunlight, there are a plethora of outdoor activities that will be sure to keep you healthy and happy. Some of those activities include:
- A walk through the historic Wynwood Art District
- Renting a bike
- Walking the Rickenbacker Causeway
- Participating in a beach volleyball game
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many options for you to maintain a health conscious lifestyle while still enjoying yourself in Miami.
Give Acupuncture a Try
If you live in Miami, then you are more than likely already a pacesetter. Why not continue that trend with your health? Miami is all about the great energy that you feel when you are here. Acupuncture is all about energy as well. Those harmless needles are used to ensure that the flow of energy (Qi) or spiritual energy has a consistent flow throughout your body. If you have a block of energy in a certain area then it will likely affect the amount of energy that you have to maintain a healthy lifestyle on a consistent basis. After you have experienced acupuncture in Miami you will be able to take your healthy lifestyle in the sun to another level.