Are you a middle-aged man who is experiencing bodily fatigue and reduced sexual drive? Do you also experience mood swings and physical changes like hair loss? If your answer is yes, you may have low testosterone levels and may need natural food supplements and medical remedies like testosterone therapy to improve your condition.
About the Therapy
The therapy is the practice of administering testosterone to a patient to treat a medical condition wherein his testes are not producing sufficient testosterone needed to maintain proper bodily functions. The therapy can be given orally, in patch forms, and through injection.
Based on a 2016 study published in the “Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism,” older males with low testosterone and libido levels have become more sexually active and showed increased sex drives after undergoing testosterone therapy. The 2014 data published in the journal also showed that the number of men who underwent testosterone therapy in the U.S. had risen greatly.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Testosterone Levels
As men and women get older, their testosterone and estrogen levels gradually decline. The decline may cause conditions like little interest in sexual activity, loss of erection in men, and softer muscle tone. Here are some symptoms of low testosterone:
- Reduced strength or mass of muscles
- Increased body fat
- Bone fragility
- Reduced sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Tenderness or swelling of breast tissue
- Hair loss
- Low energy levels
- Low self-confidence
- A feeling of sadness or depression
- Reduced memory and concentration
Benefits of the Therapy in People With Low Testosterone Levels
Based on several studies, there are several benefits of the treatment for men with low testosterone levels. The research studies, however, showed that there might be no additional benefits of the therapy if you have normal testosterone levels. Here are some benefits of the treatment:
- Reduction of fat and increase in muscle mass – Based on several studies, the procedure can lead to lower fat mass and increased muscle size and strength. For best results, you can combine the therapy with strength training and exercise.
- Healthier heart and blood – According to a study, men whose testosterone returned to normal levels were less likely to experience a stroke or heart attack.
- Stronger bones – Testosterone plays a crucial role in maintaining bone mineral density. Based on clinical trials, testosterone therapy is effective in boosting bone density with the right dosage.
- Improvement in verbal, spatial, and mental abilities – Based on research, there is strong evidence linking testosterone with reduced cases of Alzheimer’s disease and better verbal and spatial memories.
- Enhancement of sex drive or libido – Because they have lower levels of testosterone, older men require more testosterone to increase their libido and erection level. Studies show that the treatment has proven benefits to men’s sexual health and performance, especially if they have hypogonadism or testosterone deficiency.
- Enhanced mood – According to studies, men with hypogonadism claimed that their mood and well-being improved after undergoing testosterone therapy. They also reported reduced fatigue and irritability.
Ultimately, the therapy may be an effective option to improve your sex drive and overall well-being. However, you should never buy testosterone without a prescription from your physician. You must also maintain a healthy diet and do regular exercises to ensure the effectiveness of the therapy.