Everybody wants to be in shape, eat healthy food and keep good habits, but for most people, it could be hard to strictly follow that kind of lifestyle.
You are probably used to working or studying every day and that’s already taking a lot of your time. You only have either the time or the money to afford a certain lifestyle that does not assure you of getting the body shape you really want to have.
But do not despair, there’s a way to get there, it takes a little extra time, but it is really plausible. You don’t have to change your lifestyle, diet, and habits all at once, start little by little and you eventually will see how your body changes for the better.
The first thing to do, obviously, is to start trying new and different ways of preparing your food when it comes to cooking, and yes, you can do that without spending all of your savings on it.
Why add rice to your diet
One of the most versatile, healthy, affordable, and easy-to-find foods anywhere is rice. There is almost nothing cuisine related you could not make with rice. There are so many ways to prepare it and so many dishes and drinks you can make with it, keeping it simple and yet, delicious.
Check out all the kinds of rice on stove recipes if you want to know a little more about it.
Cooking with rice ensures you a diet rich in:
And just the right amount of calories to meet your body’s needs.
But, in addition to cooking, you can also make refreshing drinks using rice as a base.
From drinks of more Asian origin such as Sake, Genmaicha to more tropical ones such as Horchata, rice-based drinks are well known all over the world, but not everyone knows there is a kind of milk that can also be made from rice.
Rice milk is a healthy and tasty replacement for animal milk. You can just make it at home and use it as a dieting supplement if you are trying to lose weight.
Rice milk is 100% of vegetable origin, (like that made from soy, coconut or almond), and it has many health benefits than animal milk.
Rice milk has nothing to envy other kinds of milk, as it contains an extensive amount of nutritional value. Since rice is a food that can be bought anywhere, rice milk can be prepared at any time, it is really quick to make, and its nutrients can be enjoyed.
Make your own rice milk at home
The process of preparing rice milk is quite simple and quick, you only need a few ingredients that you probably already have at hand. Next, you’ll find a couple of recipes prepared for you to you like and enjoy at home. Go give them a try!
Homemade rice milk
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup (200 grams) of rice.
- 4 cups (1 liter) of water.
- 1 tablespoon of honey, if desired.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (cinnamon powder will be ok as well).
- 1 tsp of salt.
- Soak the rice in a container with water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain and put it in a pot with 4 cups of water.
- Add salt, honey, vanilla extract or ground cinnamon.
- Put on the heat, bring to a boil and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Let it cool down a bit and make a purée with a blender.
- Strain through a fine sieve; with a spoon press the rice to extract the liquid.
Brown rice milk
The following are the required ingredients:
- 1 cup (200 grams) of brown rice.
- 4 cups (1 liter) of water.
- ½ apple.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar or 5 dates.
- Cook the rice for about half an hour after the water comes to a boil, and strain.
- In a blender add all the ingredients. Optionally, sugar or dates can be added to sweeten it.
- It can be drunk without straining it. If you want it more fluid, strain the mixture with a milk bag.
- Beat before serving.