In the last few years, the demand for breast implants and other plastic surgeries are increasing in Calgary. However, finding the right plastic surgeon and the right plastic surgery institute in Calgary is difficult. With more than 50 different cosmetic surgeons in Calgary to select from, it is quite confusing how to finalize which one will be right. For this, you must search for the list of top rated best breast surgeons in Calgary, who are highly skilled and board certified. Then you must check their proven track record and reviews from their patients.
Breast Implants Or Augmentation
The objectives of a breast implant are to create the desired shape in a women’s bust line, increase post pregnancy fullness, help correct flabby tissues, intense weight loss as well as improving self-confidence. Most if not all, older women get breast augmentation surgery to get that youthful bust line back. On the other hand, younger girls tend to go for a breast augmentation to have a fuller as well as more voluptuous look.
Health Conditions To Meet Before The Procedures
1. You must be over 18 years of age and need to be healthy. If you are under 18 years of age, then you must provide parent permission.
2. For a Gummy Bear Breast Implants, you must be healthier as well as more 22 years of age to get the new gel.
3. You must not be active smoker because smoking slows down and even inhibits with the healing process. You must quit a month before your procedure.
4. If you’re pregnant or have delivered a child recently, you must have to wait for 8 or more weeks after stopping breastfeeding.
5. Cannot have any active infection like STD’s, Flu, HIV, and the like. Talk to your doctor or surgeon for such infections.
6. You cannot have any issues of blood clotting or bleeding.
Types of Breast Implants: Silicone vs. Saline
Both of the types have their merits and demerits. Remember, you will need to talk about this in more detail during your visit to the surgeon.
Merits of Saline Implants
- Approved by Health Canada as well as FDA for decades.
- Every implant is full of sterilized salt-water solution. This liquid is like the fluid, which makes up most if not all of our human body, and therefore, it is compatible and harmless.
- As compared to silicone, it has a quite firmer feel.
- Ideal for females who need slight asymmetries.
- Need a small incision as compared to the one that is needed for the Cohesive Gel Implant of same size.
- It is much cheaper as compared to Cohesive Gel.
Merits of Silicone Implant
- Approved by Health Canada and the FDA.
- Every implant is filled with thick and cohesive silicone gel which holds together evenly to retain an original elasticity which closely resembles your skin tissues.
- Have less wrinkling and rippling as compared to saline.
- Best for females who have very little fat or natural breast tissues.
- In case if Cohesive Gel ruptures or leaks, the gel will never release.
What You Can Expect During Your Breast Implant Procedure?
The procedure of a breast augmentation or breast implant is usually done on outpatient terms at a medical institute or hospital that have advance surgical unit because the subject is under anesthesia. As soon as the anesthesia is given, the breast tissues are raised to form an open pocket below the chest wall muscles or below the breast tissues. Usually, they have a saline solution although in some instances silicone gel is a must. In specific conditions like those where there is asymmetry, an inflatable implant can be utilized for adjustment of the inflation level to attain balance and symmetry desired.
What To Expect During Recovery Process
Usually, post-operative measures include lots of rest and very restricted movements to boost up the recovery time and healing process. To support the healing and to reduce the breasts movements, bandage is applied exactly after the surgery. As soon as the bandage is removed, a unique surgical bra is worn for a couple of weeks or even months. Patients often report slight pain linked with the surgical process. This pain gets away quickly through oral medication. As complications after the breast implant are rare, the potential problems can be minimized by the patient by religiously following the instruction directed by the surgeon.
The simplest and quickest way to get information on breast augmentation and plastic surgery Calgary is to use the site like https://plasticspot.io/plastic-surgery-calgary. When you go to the link, you will see a list of the best plastic surgeons in Calgary and other parts of Canada and the USA. You can also find some reviews to make sure that the surgeon you are planning to visit is reliable and have a positive past track record.