In this world and era, success depends a lot on the survival of the fittest and the fitness of a person depends on their daily habits which dictate their lifestyle, health and their ultimate strength. These habits include the way you stand to the way you lie down to the way your body rest while sleeping. What you eat, how you sit, how long you sit and the gaps between each meals, ingesting additional supplements and even the shoes you wear to what you wear while sleeping. Each and every factor affects your overall well-being.
5 natural habits you must incorporate in your fitness regime
One of the foremost requirements to stay healthy is to think positive. The mind is a great weapon and when armed with a positive thought you can actually change not only your own self but your surroundings as well. While positive thinking is a result of reading, meditating and being in the company of positive people, the physical aspect too affects positivity of the mind especially when less stress, more exercise and proper diet helps maintain the hormone levels of the body. Here are a few daily habits that will help you in the long run:
- Go for a morning walk/jog: Nothing beats a good endorphin releasing run early in the morning to jumpstart your system and mood. One of the biggest hindrances for this morning routine is often charted to the lack of enthusiasm for hunting your sports shoes. One way to overcome this is arranging your shoe stand so that your sports shoes and sneakers are placed at the front. Remove all form of excuses that you know you will give to yourself to snooze a few minutes more.
- Do not overwork your back: The spine forms not only a backbone for you but also provides strength and support. Once you injure your spine with improper posture while sitting and working at a stretch. Be mindful to keep your back straight while sitting and not stressing your neck by keeping it bend for long hours. Take a 10 minutes break after every hour to walk around and stretch your muscles.
- Stop over-caffeinating: While you might think you need massive dosage of coffee or tea to see through the boring work or impossible deadlines, cut out on the coffee intake especially early in the morning. Avoid sipping on coffee first thing in the morning. Replace it with a glass of wholesome fruit juice, especially orange juice to cleanse your stomach and improve metabolism.
- Sleep well: A major health contributor which is often neglected is sleep. A solid 7 to 8 hours of sleep does wonder not only for your skin but your overall mental and physical well-being. And to ensure you have a good sleep you need to focus on the bed and mattress. Before you purchase the elegant queen size bed price of which is lucrative you need to make sure that it not only fits the height of your being but the mattress is well supported for your back and devoid of any allergens.
- Workout and stretch: A good workout routine not only strengthens the muscles, helps lose and maintain weight but also improves the mood. A good bout of workout followed by cool down stretches not only helps you relax but is a way to avoid cramps and future muscle or tissue injury. Start small, walk and jog then pump it up to HIT or cardio. But, avoid sticking to the same workout routine.
Incorporating these habits with eating a balanced and vegetable rich meal, avoiding alcohol and making a point to not rely on processed food affects the body in a positive way that helps you stay fit and strong. Being healthy not only ensures success but also a better quality lifestyle which becomes an example for peer and future generation. Small changes to daily habits lead to better health and a sharper mind.