It is your choice to have a good and presentable smile. The first impression you make with your new friends matters a lot. Due to this point, dental specialists have come up with ways you can improve your oral appearance. However, cosmetic dentistry does not lie on the beauty approach only, but it also has some health benefits too. For you to undergo cosmetic dentistry procedures, you need approval from your trusted dentists. Ardsley Cosmetic Dentist is the best you can trust and visit for cosmetic dentistry procedures. Below are types of cosmetic dentistry available at your dentist’s office.
Types of cosmetic dentistry
There are several types of cosmetic dentistry procedures you can have. The type of procedure to undergo is determined by the oral complication you are suffering from. Cosmetic dentistry can be done to every person. However, according to research, not every person with oral complications is a candidate for cosmetic dentistry. To certify the move, your doctor will first take you through an oral examination. Through the examination jaw, gum, and teeth diseases can be determined. Examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is a type of cosmetic dentistry that is popular worldwide. This treatment method involves the removal of stains and the yellow color on the surface of your teeth. This is met by the use of 35% to 40% concentrated hydrogen peroxide, which is applied to the teeth. After some time, your teeth become extremely white.
- Dental veneers. Dental veneers are done to people with chipped teeth, cracked or broken teeth, partially misaligned teeth, and other teeth complications. This technique uses white hard shells made from ceramic. During treatment, ceramic shells that resemble the front part of your teeth are placed and cemented on top of them.
- Dental implants. After losing your teeth, you can decide to live that way. However, you can get some artificial teeth known as dental implants. During treatment, artificial roots made of titanium metal fuse on the jaw bone. After healing, artificial crowns made from ceramic material are placed on top of the roots. This happens to those people with strong jawlines.
- Dental braces. During development from childhood to adulthood, many children’s teeth become crooked or misaligned. These types of teeth are difficult to clean, and they can result in gum diseases. Crooked teeth are corrected using dental braces.
- Dental sealants. Many people across the world suffer from tooth decay. However, some teeth with decay cannot be extracted since they are not severely damaged. To correct the decay, your doctor will clean your teeth first to remove bacteria and germs. A white product resembling the cement is applied to the decayed tooth to seal the hole. Smoothening is then done to keep your teeth in the right condition.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures can bring unnecessary side effects if not performed in the right ways. To avoid this, book an appointment with Ardsley Dental Spa specialists since they are the best. Contact them today and see a difference in your life.