Spring is finally here. The warmth of the daylight with greenery all around makes it a lovely time to go for a run. The season brings with it the perfect weather for a marathon. After all the early mornings out in the cold, dark winter or the monotonous miles you put in on the treadmill, you deserve to get outside for a change.
Are You Up for the Challenge?
Here is your chance!
The King of Prussia Challenge 10-Miler & 5K Run/Walk features two races on the same day starting and ending at the Heuser Park. The 10-mile race is for the advanced runners and goes through a scenic loop alongside plenty of hills. The 5k (3.1 mile) race is designed for the not-so-advanced runners.
The course is USATF certified, and prizes will be awarded to the best six runners (three men and three women) overall. The runners will be divided into six teams as per their age groups, and the first-place finisher of each age group will be awarded a prize. The winning team will also get a plaque.
The event is scheduled for May 17, 2020, at Heuser Park, Biedler Road, King of Prussia. That’s a Sunday, which gives you plenty of time to rest and prepare for the race.
The 10-mile challenge starts at 8:00 a.m., and the 5k run/walk at 8:15 a.m.
You can sign up for the 10-mile challenge by paying $40. The cost of signing up for the 5K run/walk is $30. However, the prices may increase if you try to sign up after April 15, 2020.
Have Some Fun before the Run
Since the race is only on Sunday, how about having a little bit of fun by visiting King of Prussia early? Here are a few things you can check out:
- Indoor Skydiving – Float on a smooth cushion of air and experience the thrill of skydiving at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in King of Prussia. As it’s totally safe, without any jumping for falling, this can be great fun for your entire family.
- Puzzle-solving – Solve puzzles, uncover clues, and find the key to escape within a span of 60 minutes at the Expedition Escape, an interactive live-action escape room venue at King of Prussia. You need no special skills or knowledge to enjoy this.
- Ax Throwing – Love playing the game of darts? Then you will enjoy the ax throwing experience at Bury the Hatchet. This Canadian past-time can get really competitive once you learn and practice the technique.
But Remember Your Rest
If you want to feel fresh and energetic on the day of the marathon, you will need to get some good sleep the previous night. Explore a few hotels in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, that can offer you the comfort you deserve. Here are your options:
- Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia – located next to the King of Prussia Mall, this friendly hotel is just a 9-minute drive to Heuser park. You can choose from 1-bedroom suites, studios, and standard rooms with flat-screen TVs. Free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour convenience store, a 24/7 business center, an indoor pool, and a hot tub are the amenities available. The hotel offers complimentary parking, an area shuttle, and hot breakfast for all of its guests.
- Crowne Plaza – Very close to Hyatt House, is Crowne Plaza with its club-level and classically furnished rooms. Free parking, Free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a business center, a restaurant, and meeting space are the amenities available. It is 2.9 miles away from Heuser Park.
You’ll want to Refuel, Too
You will find a lot of refreshments at the event once you complete the race. But you would want to refuel after the race too. This is one thing most runners look forward to. Thankfully King of Prussia provides plenty of mouth-watering options in Italian, Chinese, American, Japanese, and more. Here are a couple of restaurants for you to try:
- The Capital Grille – One of the best places for dinner in King of Prussia, this American Steakhouse offers excellent ambiance. Don’t miss their dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, and world-class wine.
- Seasons 52 – If you are looking for some Vegetarian and Vegan options, you will find them all at Seasons 52. They offer 52 wines by the glass and four specialty menus every day using seasonal fruits and vegetables that are absolutely fresh.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – Maggiano’s Little Italy at the King of Prussia Mall serves scratch-made Italian food in rich flavors of Little Italy. Enjoy special dishes like Baked Ziti, Veal Parmesan, Bruschetta, Tuscan Shrimp & Chicken with an espresso or some traditional Italian dessert.
Make your Trip Complete
A comfortable stay, fantastic food, and plenty of fun things to do, when combined with a session of marathon, can make your trip to King of Prussia complete and memorable. Plan it out well and live it your style.
*Disclaimer: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this event may get canceled. Please check on the event’s website for further details.